How to apply
Rules and Eligibility Requirements
1. The contest is open to ALL JUNIORS (11th grade students attending high school located within East Central Electric’s service area). This includes all or parts of the counties of Tulsa, Okmulgee, Muskogee, Okfuskee, Creek, McIntosh, Wagoner, Lincoln, and Seminole.
2. (a) Write an essay of 500 words or less on the following subject:
“The differences between an electric cooperative and an investor owned utility.”
Use only one side of typing paper. Please double space.
2. (b) On a separate cover sheet, attached to the essay, include your name, your parents name and address, and your school name and school address.
3. Essays will be judged on the following basis: KNOWLEDGE OF SUBJECT 40%, ORIGINALITY 40%, and COMPOSITION and GRAMMAR 20%.
4. Members of the immediate families of Cooperative employees and Trustees are not eligible to compete in this contest.
5. Entrants DO NOT have to be sons or daughters of East Central Electric members. (Members are on ECE’s electric lines.)
6. Deadline for submission is March 1.
7. Winners and alternates will be announced after April 1.
8. Be sure to have your parents or guardian sign the entry form as indicated.
9. Washington Youth Tour Essay Contest co-sponsored by East Central Electric and the Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives.
**A RECENT PHOTOGRAPH MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH ESSAY.**