Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Department: Broadband Services
Reports To: Supervisor of Broadband Marketing and Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: November 1, 2021
Summary: Coordinates activities related to Broadband Marketing and Services. This position will work closely with the Broadband Management Staff to provide solutions to support Business customer needs. They will also work closely with all cross-functional teams to manage product/bundle implementation and ongoing support.
- Actively promote ecoLINK services and all products to members of the cooperative as well as non-members.
- Implement and conduct marketing campaigns that promote ecoLINK services to the cooperative members and general public.
- Promote positive member and public relations by actively participating in civic and community organizations and developing support for the cooperative’s plans, programs and objectives.
- Provide and assist in the delivery of exceptional subscriber service to the cooperative’s members and non-members.
- Prepare and provide communication materials to our subscribers and employees.
- Create and maintain on-going business relationship with ecoLINK’s Key Accounts.
- Write and/or assist in writing articles and preparing pamphlets, brochures, and photography for various publications of the cooperative
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with allied organizations, government officials and agencies, and other influential individuals and organizations.
- Plan, implement, and review promotional campaigns to build brand awareness.
- Create, update, and optimize all electronic and print marketing collateral.
- Ability to produce copywriting, creative and graphic design material.
- Develop and execute an integrated online strategy utilizing web and social media channels.
- Assist sales efforts by providing event planning, presentations, and public relations support.
- Work extensively with sales team to understand the sales process and customer needs. Make customer sales calls as required.
- Monitor, review, and report on marketing activities.
- Coordinate activities and communicate with sales, management, accounting, construction, engineering, and technical service groups.
- Analyze ongoing market conditions, competitor activities, and industry best practices.
- Identify and promote the advantages of fiber products and services.
- Plans and organizes personal time to promote efficient and effective marketing strategies.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Overnight stays will be required.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned.
Abilities and Skills
- Marketing related degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in developing and implementing marketing campaigns.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Creative/Graphic design experience is required.
- Must have strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and website software.
- Knowledge of web design is required, and video production experience is preferred.
- Seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial focus and a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written presentations of complex materials.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Communication – Requires excellent oral and written communication skills including group presentations.
Organizational Support – Supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities.
Innovation – Develops innovate approaches and ideas.
Time management - Ability to handle multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines is essential.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university; and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, subscribers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Windows based software for word processing, spreadsheets, and database. Also, must possess graphic design skills including knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License
This position has no supervisory role.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment with occasional travel required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; to walk; and to sit and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Other specific abilities include ability to talk using telephone and to hear within normal range.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. East Central Oklahoma Electric Cooperative reserves the right to revise or change the job responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.